Service organizations that want to get their organization in order can use USM, the Unified Service Management method. USM training deals with the management system of service providers. Participants learn to make practical choices with USM for managing their own service organization. These choices are well-founded and easy to understand because they are based on an easy-to-learn but very powerful service management architecture with a unique set of service management principles. This creates insight and tranquility in the organization, its management, and its routines - which is a precondition for a structural improvement of the organization's performance. USM is an essential asset for any supply chain or network of service providers.
Employees learn to understand each other better with USM. Standardization of routines (across multiple disciplines and organizational units) is now within reach. Supporting tools can be set up more easily and effectively with USM.
USM training emphasizes the process design of the service organization and its routines. After all, processes are the shortest and most efficient way to customer-relevant goals. USM goes one step further and focuses entirely on the workflows that ultimately define how the work is organized. Organizations that strongly focus on hierarchical or project-based routines - or even have based their organizational structure on it - can thus gain a lot in effectiveness and efficiency. The USM Boostcamp follows the content of the USM Foundation Syllabus.
The ONLINE USM Boostcamp offers the following:
- three days with nine two-hour blocks in an online setting
- full USM Foundation program, but with extra exercises where participants learn to translate the USM method to their own situation, and extra time for discussions
- USM Foundation exam at the end of the third day, so that you can return to your office with a USM certificate in your pocket
- your personal ticket for the online USM study guide
The USM method is easy to learn. You only require a solid dose of logical thinking, and the willingness to think out-of-the-box, as USM is very different from the old thinking of framework-based approaches with best practices as the basic guidance.
The training is suitable for groups of 4-6 participants. Where an onsite training may allow for up to 12 participants, the online setting limits this to a maximum of 6, so all participants can get proper attention in their learning process.
This online USM Boostcamp is delivered in English. For a Dutch version, check the shop section on training.
Feedback on the latest three-day online versions of the USM Boostcamp:
- "This course is highly recommended. USM belongs in the baggage of every IT manager (actually every person responsible for anything in a service organization) and every service management consultant. [director training organization, ITIL ATO]
- "It was a great pleasure to understand and read the book and to follow this Boostcamp, thanks!" [director of application management organization]
- "Excellent training that meets expectations. The trainer inspires and triggers participants." [manager IT service provider]
- "I have found your book and training very instructive. It is finally an answer that can take me further after years of working with ITIL." [management consultant]
- "Thanks for a great course!" [management consultant and trainer]
- "Great course and very well delivered!" [management consultant and trainer]
- "Thank you for the excellent training." [management consultant]
Average evaluation score of the Dutch Boostcamp version in 2020: 8.9
Average evaluation score of the English Boostcamp version in 2020: 9.4